Gratitude is a simple way to shift your mindset in a positive direction. Being grateful opens up infinite doors for joy to flow into your life.
Gratitude takes your mind to a whole new level on self-love, self-acceptance, healing, personal growth, self-esteem, and self-discovery.
And the most effective way to maintain a grateful heart is by keeping a gratitude journal.
I know starting to practice journaling can be tough, you’ll stare at your blank notebook and seem as if you’ve been hit with writer’s block syndrome.
Well, it happens, knowing how to begin can take a lot of practice, and that’s where you’ll need these prompts.
The list is long and varied, but in the end, one out of the many questions will speak to you. Or it will lead you to have a different question about what matters to you. That’s fine, too.
These prompts will inspire you to develop a habit of gratitude journaling, and effectively, so much so that you’ll be looking at life with a big lens of gratitude.
Here are journaling prompts to guide you on the daily art of gratitude;
80 Gratitude Journal Prompts For Daily Life
- How grateful are you for seeing the light of day?
- What favorite thing to do when you wake up in the morning?
- What did you enjoy most about today?
- Who/ what made you smile today?
- What are you excited about today?
- What someone did do for you that made you feel special?
- What is something funny that made you laugh today?
- How did you overcome today’s challenge?
- What did you learn today?
- One person today you are thankful for.
- What am I grateful for today?
- An art of kindness a close friend showed you today.
- A mistake that you made, led to a positive result.
- Who made a positive difference in your life today?
- What is the best thing anyone has taught you?
- What favorite outdoor activity do you enjoy?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- .List 5 things in your bedroom that you are grateful for.
- What motivates your to keep going?
- What did you need to forgive yourself for?
- What can you do, to move on in life?
- What privilege do you enjoy that others might not have?
- Look around and list 3 things that help you in your day-to-day life.
- What 3 ways does having a mobile phone make your life easier?
- Express gratitude for 3 things that you use daily.
- What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
- What was the most enjoyable part of your childhood?
- What part of your health do you feel grateful for?
- Whose company do you like the most?
- How excited are you about the future?
- Who is the most reliable person in your life?
- What art of kindness a did stranger show you today?
- What achievement is most proud of?
- What happened that made you feel so lucky?
- What helped you improve your lifestyle?
- What a beautiful thing that moved you to tears.
- What is your favorite part of your daily routine?
- One thing you love talking about?
- What good came out of your challenge today?
- What are beautiful words that someone used on you?
- Write a thank-you note to yourself
- Write something weird but you love it so much.
- What about your childhood that you are most grateful for?
- What hard step, did you take that led to a big personal accomplishment?
- What skills are you thankful for?
- If life stopped today, what will you regret not doing?
- How happy are you about your day?
- Name 3 things you are doing well currently.
- Describe the last time you procrastinated on a task that wasn’t as difficult as you thought it would be.
- What surprised you today?
- What is your favorite habit?
- Why is your favorite habit an important part of your daily routine?
- What nice things did you do for someone today?
- How perfect was your day?
- List 15 qualities you like about yourself.
- What inspires you about life?
- What makes you feel most confident?
- What are positive habits in your life?
- When last did you feel so courageous?
- What positive lesson did you learn from a rude person?
- When was the last time you had a great nap when you awoke feeling so refreshed?
- What situation made you realize how fortunate you are?
- Who has forgiven you for a mistake you’ve made in the past?
- What are your biggest life accomplishments so far?
- When did you truly feel at peace with yourself?
- What things helped you strengthen your character?
- What makes you beautiful?
- What activity do you really enjoy most when alone?
- How can you continue being more thankful?
- What do you like most about your favorite person?
- What is something that you do easily, but is challenging for others?
- What positive do you have in your life now, that you didn’t have five years ago?
- Who made your day better today? How can you pay that feeling forward?
- What is one thing you want to always remember from today?
- When did you feel most authentically yourself today?
- How can you make tomorrow better than today?
- What’s something that’s working well in your life right now?
- What’s a simple pleasure in your life that you are thankful for?
- What music can you listen to all day?
- Look around your room. What are some things that make you grateful?
You must not answer all at once, you can pick one or two that affected you in a good way and express your feelings with your pen and journal.