if there’s anything else I’m good at, it’s practicing self-care, and preaching it. You can’t start personal growth of any sort without taking care of yourself and your personal needs.
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church.Mark 12:31
You just do it. Yes, you just have to love your body and your mind and take care of them.
When you think of self-care, some people attach a price to it, because. With this mindset, you might find it hard t indulge in any self-care activity.
Self-care is never about the cost. With that, when life gets busy, our self-care routine gets pushed back seat. You say in your mind ‘I don’t have the energy’ or I don’t have the time or I don’t have the money.
Well, it is wrong, absolutely wrong to have those kinda thoughts.
It’s you we are talking about here. Nothing and I mean absolutely nothing should make you feel prioritize yourself least on your daily schedules.
Or d you feel guilty about self-care? Well, you shouldn’t. You deserve every care your body can get.
Facts about self-care you must know
Self-care is necessary
If in your mind, you are one of the many people that think they don’t need to take care of ‘you’ then you are wrong. Self-care is for true holistic wellness, that can maximize your full potential- mentally, socially, and physically.
Self-care is not expensive
Self-care is simple, basic, and uncommon things you do for yourself. It could be to take a glass of water or a deep breath when you feel stressed and overwhelmed or listen to your thoughts.
Self-care is not time consuming
It is neither extravagant nor time-consuming to maintain a self-care routine. There are plenty of under 5-minute self-care activities that will keep feeling completely refreshed, recharged, and rejuvenated.
5-minute self-care activities for you
- Stretch your body
- Look up inspirational quotes
- Shut your eyes and rest
- Grab a snack
- Drink a glass of water
- Have a mental check-in with your mind and body
- Put on a happy song
- Take a warm shower (this really helps to refresh and energize you!)
- Say your positive affirmations and mantra.
- Wash your face
- Put on your favorite pair of comfy pants.
- Take a short walk
- Do some yoga
- Practice deep breathing
- Apply a hair mask
- Keep your space tidy, wherever you may be
- Do a mini workout circuit.
- Pin some fashion inspiration on
- Make yourself a coffee or tea
- Apply a face mask.
- Add lemon or fruit to your water
- Eat a fruit.
- Rub and massage your foot ( my favorite part)
- Wash your hands and apply a hand cream
- Read an inspiring blog.
- Journal about anything.
- Step outside, eyes closed, and a deep breath.
- Drink a cup of tea.
- Lay down and face up for 5 minutes with no distractions.
- Write a list of things you love about yourself.
- Write a gratitude list for your life.
- Put on fuzzy socks (especially after a foot bath).
- Call a friend.
- Work on your vision board… get re-inspired!
- Remove your chipped nail polish.
- Jump rope.
- Have a solo dance party.
- Cuddle a pet.
- Try massaging your scalp with a scalp massager (this feels SO good!)
- Look at cute puppy photos.
- Savor some chocolate (or your sweet of choice!)
- Take a shot at writing some poetry.
- Send a kind text message.
- Watch some happy couples on TikToks (my favs are @Lingand Lamb and @foreign_vira )
- Have a brain dump in your journal – get it all out!
- Can’t hold it? Cry it out (this is actually a great form of emotional care).
- Listen to an inspirational speech.
- Do yoga pose for 5 minutes.
- Light a scented candle.
- Diffuse essential oil.
- Walk around your house – sometimes just getting moving can clear your mind
- Draw Something.
- Do a brain game/puzzle.
- Read one page of a daily book.
- Freshen up! Put on some perfume or good-smelling deodorant.
- Put your hair up and out of your way.
- Clean out one drawer of your desk.
- Empty your trash in your room – sounds weird but, trust me, you’ll feel lighter afterward
- Give someone a hug.
- Give a stranger a compliment on social media.
- Buy yourself something online – treat yourself!
- Daydream – Live in your mind for a moment.
- Read a positive news article. We could all use some more good news!
- Watch a candle flicker – this is actually a meditation technique to calm the mind.
- Do a 5-minute tidy. Go through your house and pick up as much as you can in 5 minutes! You’ll feel productive and clean after!
- Make your bed.
- Open your blinds and window – let in sunlight and fresh air.
- Paint your nails (at least try to do this in 5 minutes… #impressive!)
- Learn about self-care types for the future.
- Decide on a new TV show to start.
- Sing your heart out to your favorite song.
- Put your bare feet in the grass – there are many benefits to this.
- Take a walk around your space with no goal.
- Do nothing!
Self-Care is so basic but core!
Are you still thinking you are “too busy” to show yourself some self-care? Please, pull out this list. There are still TONS of other 5-minute self-care acts that you can do when you are on a tight time schedule. In fact, absorbing one of these short bursts of self-care into your daily to-do list is for a happy and healthy life!
So put your mind at ease, it’s just 5mins out of your 24 hours of a day. Start your journey today!